Puppy Pre-school is an important part of a puppies Early Learning Stages that helps a puppy to learn about external factors that are either "good" or "bad". During this period it is vital to create positive learning experiences for your puppy to avoid issues with anxiety and behavioural problems in the future. This can include anything from baths and the sounds of rain and thunder to different kinds of people and animals.
Our Puppy Pre-School classes run for a 4 week period, involving one class a week in the safety of our clinic for puppies that have not yet completed their full vaccine course.
We provide an effective Puppy Pre-school program for all of the puppies that visit our clinic. With our progressive and positive learning techniques you will:
- Develop an understanding of normal puppy behaviour
- Learn how to read your puppy's body language and respond appropriately
- Develop effective techniques for positive behavioural development
- Learn important tips about walking in public areas
- Understand the need for socialising your puppy
- Teach your puppy some important 'do not' lessons
- Understand important boundaries when playing together
- Develop strong bonds between you and your puppy
The most important thing about Puppy Pre-school is 'start early'. Waiting too long can allow behaviour problems to establish which then require more intensive training to overcome. For this reason we do only accept puppies from 8 - 14 weeks of age.
For puppies 14 weeks or older, please speak to our team and we can recommend a trainer near you!
So start today and call us about enrolling your puppy in our local Puppy Pre-school classes.